Saturday, August 11, 2018

Menu Plan August 11 - 17

Happy to report we totally stuck to the menu last week!  This is rare, but since my daughter was away at camp the schedule was a bit calmer than usual.  That and we've basically decided that all but a couple of the restaurants around us are either rapidly declining in quality or way too expensive for what we get, so we're staying closer to home, eating much better, and saving some money.  We did pick up dinner at our local teriyaki place yesterday for my hubby's birthday. It's still a good bet, and since the portions are huge my daughter and I always share a meal and I have enough leftover for a workday lunch!

The highlight of the week for me was the fried rice. I always forget how quick and easy it is, especially since we almost always have rice in the freezer.  I cook up a big batch in the InstantPot or microwave rice cooker and freeze the extras.

Here's what's on the menu for the coming week:

Tonight:  Meatloaf and mashed potatoes.  Caitlyn asked for this before she went to camp and actually still was thinking about it when she came home four days later!

Sunday:  Grilled marinated chicken (I am loving marinating with Goddess Dressing from Trader Joe's right now), tomato/basil/mozzarella salad, crusty bread

Monday:  Sausage and pepper pasta

Tuesday:  Ham and Beans

Wednesday:  Chicken gravy over cornbread (the "Dixie Chicken Shortcake" recipe here)

Thursday:  Potato leek soup, salad, bread

Friday:  Korean Beef Rice Bowls


Have a great week, everyone!  And remember to visit Menu Plan Monday for tons of recipe inspiration!

No comments: