Thursday, August 23, 2018

I'm feeling so on top of things!

Now, let's see if I can keep it up!

Lately I've been trying to do one small thing every day to help my life be neater, more organized, and less cluttered.  Some days, those things are smaller than others.  Some of the things I've been doing:

  • Clearing off one corner of the kitchen table at a time.  Someday, we'll see the top of it again!
  • Doing the dishes every single night (for two weeks!), and slowly getting through the backlog of pots and pans that were sitting on the counter (all caught up!).  
  • Clearing counters during non-active cooking moments (i.e. when I'm waiting to stir something).
Slowly, gradually, things are starting to look better.  My husband is noticing, too.  I've started running the dishwasher every night, even if it's not quite full (it's amazing how quickly the dishes accumulate around here!), and he has started unloading it before he goes to work in the morning.

I've also given our budget an overhaul (more on that later) and have been diligently tracking our spending.   It only takes a couple of minutes each day and has really helped me figure out where we're spending and how we can ramp up our savings. 

I've been meal planning and sticking with it!  My meal plans start with things in the house (believe me when I say I cannot put one more thing in our freezers, so we're eating out of those!).  Then I just shop for things I need to fill in what I don't have, and things I can get on deep discounts with coupons and sales. 

School starts next week, and the chaos of summer will transition into the chaos of the school year.  I'm going to work toward maintaining these new habits and developing others that will help us navigate my long, busy days of school, work, and driving my daughter all over creation! 

What are you doing this week to make your life more organized?


No comments: