Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Cranberry Beans with Onions and Celery

I made this for dinner last night to go with fried ham and zucchini fritters.  It was DELICIOUS.  It was one of those times that I wish I measured my ingredients as I'm cooking, because I would do it again in a heartbeat.  Here's my best approximation:

1 1/2 cup sweet onion, cut to 1/2 inch dice
3 ribs celery, cut in 1/4 inch slices
2 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
3 cups cooked, seasoned cranberry beans (I cooked these from dried with bay leaves, onions, and thyme - if you're using canned, drain the liquid, and you may want to up your other seasonings to taste)
salt to taste


In a medium saucepan, saute the onion and celery in the oil until the onion is soft.  Add remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.  My beans were slightly overcooked and they almost had a refried bean consistency.

Simple and delicious!  There were no leftovers.  I wish there were.

No comments: