Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Menu Plan January 8-14

I'm going to make a concerted effort to post our weekly dinner menu here.  I found when I was getting back into the habit that it was great to look back at our old menus on the blog for ideas and notes about what we liked and didn't like (especially if we were trying a new recipe).  Here's the schedule for this week:

Sunday:  "roast" chicken (it's actually steamed - I cooked it in the Instant Pot since it was frozen solid), rice pilaf  (I actually made this with some of the turkey broth I cooked last week and it was delicious), salad, and steamed broccoli.

Monday:  Trader Joe's orange chicken, brown rice, steamed mixed veggies, salad.  Mondays are piano night and we don't get home until 6:15, so dinner has to be quick or my daughter misses her bedtime.  This usually means something frozen that I can put in the oven while we're gone or heat up quickly when we get home!

Tuesday:  Kielbasa and Cabbage, salad

Wednesday:  Hamburgers, oven fries, salad

Thursday:  Irish Sundaes (can't wait to break into the sausage from the pig we just got!).

Friday:  Fish sticks, mashed potatoes, and steamed hot veggie.  Probably also a salad.

We're eating a lot of potatoes this week - I bought 10 pounds over Christmas for a dish I ended up not needing to make, and they're all sprouting (I buy organic when it's affordable and they sprout quickly!).  So I'm peeling them and using them up before they turn into full blown potato plants right there in my pantry.  Fortunately, potatoes are versatile!

Have you checked out Menu Plan Monday?  So many great ideas there!

Have a great week, and happy eating!

No comments: