Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Goals for January

It's the new year, a time when many people make lofty resolutions, then abandon them a few weeks later (new habits are hard!).  I am no exception - I've given up on more than I care to think about.

This year, I've decided to take it one month at a time, and I'm breaking them out into categories.

Personal:
  • Set up a new journal (I'm looking at the bullet journal method).  
  • Read my Bible every day (after working my way through the New Testament twice last year, I'm starting over at Genesis).
  • Exercise 30 minutes at least three days per week.
  • Blog something at least twice per week.

Household:
  • Mend my daughter's favorite hat (it's been on the pile for months).
  • Track every expenditure (I reworked our budget over the Christmas break so we are ready to go).
  • Menu plan weekly (you'll find those here on the blog!).
  • Plan our summer vacation (we're finally taking one this year).
  • Order my garden seeds.

Work:
  •  Write at least six grant proposals.
  •  Make my to do list more reasonable so I can actually feel like I'm accomplishing something.

I think that's enough to get started!  I'll check back at the end of the month and see how I've done.

Happy January, everybody - remember to let your light shine through the winter darkness!

No comments: