Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Way too emotional

My preggo hormones can't handle this whole election thing. At 8:00 last night I was cruising the local news websites, looking for early returns on some state measures. I flipped over to cnn.com about 8:15, and couldn't believe it when I read that they'd called the election already! I ran over to my television, and, sure enough, there was John McCain, giving his concession speech.

Good thing hubby was in the shower at that moment, because I was bawling like a baby, I was so happy.

Then, this morning, one of the news channels showed a group of students at an African American college somewhere singing the black national anthem, which I had never even heard of until about five years ago, when we started singing it at the beginning of each of our all staff meetings at work, thanks to a staff member who would get up and lead it for us every time. Well, that staff member passed away unexpectedly a few years ago. As soon as I heard the song, I thought of him. Suddenly I'm standing there, doling out baby carrots for hubby's lunch, crying all over again.

Sheesh. I am an election basket case!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! It's ok to be emotional. It was an emotional night.