Monday, November 17, 2008

There's illness afoot...

So hubby has come down with a monster cold. It started with a sore throat on Saturday, and today it's the full blown nastiness. He sounds awful and is staying home from work. I'm sure he caught it from his coworker friend, who missed three days of work last week.

So now I'm trying to figure out how to avoid it. I've done so well at avoiding all the crud that's gone around the office in the last couple of months, but I'm not sure I can miss this one - the proximity is a little too close.

I tried to insist on sleeping on the couch last night, so he could get good sleep and I wouldn't be so close to the germs, but then he insisted that I shouldn't since I'm now almost 8 1/2 months pregnant, and said he would. Well, our couch is a full-size futon. WAY too short for someone who's 6'6! So I told him we'd both sleep in bed and I'd just sleep facing away from him. Which pretty much worked, I think.

In the meantime, I made sure we have plenty of chicken soup in the house, and mixed up some orange juice for him, and I've been force feeding him Airborne at every opportunity, so hopefully it won't last too long! Now I just need to bathe the house in Lysol, LOL!

No comments: