Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Things are happening...

Nothing major yet, but things are definitely moving in a forward direction! Yesterday I went in for my weekly non-stress test (since I have high blood pressure, they've been monitoring Caitlyn weekly for a few weeks now, to make sure she's active enough and that things are going as they should). I told the nurse something was definitely happening, but I wasn't sure what. I figured either she was starting to drop or that I was having contractions, but I wasn't sure which.

So, the nurse hooked me up to the monitors and, sure enough, I had three contractions in the half hour I was there!

Now, these aren't the real "oh my goodness I'm about to have a baby" contractions, but Braxton Hicks, or "practice" contractions. Just getting things moving, I guess. It's exciting because it's the first time I've felt those through the whole pregnancy, even though I may have been having them all along and I just haven't known it.

Even though I know in my heart that delivery day isn't imminent, it still shook me up a bit, and I went home and packed most of my hospital bag (I was going to do it last weekend, anyway!). And I'm finishing the last of the baby laundry, so I can pack some things for her, too! Now I just have to get hubby on board, or pack his bag for him, LOL!

Today I'm 36 weeks, four days pregnant. Just three and a half weeks till my due date!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wooo! Hooo! Sounds like things are moving along right on schedule. How incredibly exciting!

As for Braxton Hicks, I dunno. His first album was great but I think he has sold out. He used to be all about the music. :)

-Allen