Saturday, April 21, 2007

Ham and Broccoli Calzones

Here you go Kimmer!

Just like the BBQ chicken pizza, it's not really a recipe, just an ingredient list:

Take your favorite pizza crust recipe and divide it into the number of calzones you want to make (I use the recipe out of The Tightwad Gazette - I can post it if anyone wants it - and make two big calzones). Roll it out fairly thin, but thick enough so it doesn't break when you fold it over.

First, spread alfredo sauce on half of the crust.

Next, sprinkle the following over the alfredo, as much as you'd like (keeping in mind the other half of the crust has to fit over it):

- Diced cooked ham
- chopped cooked broccoli (I like to buy the frozen stuff, heat it in the microwave for a few minutes, and then drain it and put it on)
- chopped onion
- sliced mushrooms
- garlic powder
- a mix of your favorite cheeses (I used cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan)

Fold the top half over the bottom half and roll and press the edges together to seal.

Bake at 425 for 20 - 25 minutes, or until the crust is a deep golden brown. I bake this on my pizza stone.

1 comment:

Kimmer said...

Alfredo sauce? Swoon! i keep meaning to make something like this, but never do. Now I'm really inspired, though! Thanks!