Sunday, April 22, 2007

Bran and Raisin Muffins

This isn't my recipe, and I don't know where I got it (ran across it in my Word files today). I just made them for the first time, and boy are they good!

1-1/2 c. unprocessed wheat bran
1-1/4 c. milk
1-1/2 c. flour
1 T. baking powder
1 t. salt
1/3 c. sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/4 t. cloves
1/2 c. melted butter or margarine
1/4 c. light molasses
1 egg
1/2 c. raisins

Combine bran and milk and let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine dry ingredients and set aside. Stir molasses into melted butter/marg, then beat in the egg. Add butter mixture to soaked bran, then add all into dry ingredients. Stir in raisins last. Spoon into 18 muffin cups and bake at 400 deg for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

2 comments:

Kimmer said...

Hey, I have all these ingredients! Yet another missile in my arsenal of healthy breakfast options, thanks!

MamaZuzi said...

Yes thanks... lately your blog is used about once a week for our menu decisions.