Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Menu Plan Sept. 14 - 19

I hope everyone had a great week!  Ours was busy, but fun.  We mostly stuck to the menu plan, but I did have to pick up dinner one evening when I was at a meeting that ran almost till Caitlyn's bedtime.  I had a quick dinner planned but not that quick!  Also, on Sunday Caitlyn decided it was her night to cook so we made creamed tuna on biscuits together (she made the biscuits and hard boiled the eggs, and I made the rest of the creamed tuna). 

One of the things I love about these menu posts is that it's really easy for me to find the recipes I need when I need them since I've linked them all here!  I usually use my tablet as my cookbook so I don't have to print out a bunch of recipes (let's face it - I've been printing out recipes for years and they're all jammed in a giant binder and I can never find what I'm looking for).  If it's online, I can go right to the recipe on the web.  If it's from a magazine, I've taken a picture of it with my tablet, though I need to organize those pictures because the file is starting to look like that recipe binder!  It's saving me paper and toner if nothing else. 

Here's the menu plan for this week.  I've tried to anticipate when I'll need a quick dinner and planned accordingly. 

Monday:  Fried cube steak, baked potatoes, salad
Tuesday:  Broccoli Beef
Wednesday:  Irish Sundaes
Thursday:  Sweet and Sour pork (my mother-in-law's recipe)
Friday:  Cider beef stew (Taste of Home Cookbook page 91)
Saturday:  Italian Shred 

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: