Sunday, August 18, 2013

Menu Plan and the Week in Review

Last week was the first week in a long, long time that we didn't eat out at all.  Sure, I was tempted a couple of times, but because I did so much prep and organizing last weekend, we were ready for the week, no matter what. 

There was one day I came home early from work because I wasn't feeling well, and hubby offered to run out and pick something up, but we ate chicken strips (I always keep a bag of Tyson strips in the freezer) and instant mashed potatoes instead (that was supposed to be Tater Tots but we didn't have any).

Another night I really didn't feel like cooking, so we ate spaghetti and meatballs (love having meatballs ready to go in the freezer!).

We also ate...

Chicken Taquitos
Thai Beef Noodles
Irish Sundaes
BBQ Chicken Pizza
BLTs (on the night I picked two quarts of tomatoes in our garden!).




For this week, we still have several options left from the list I included in last week's menu post, and I've added several others as well:

Taco salad
Creamed tuna on biscuits
Hamburgers with oven fries
Pigs in a Blanket (using the rest of the pizza dough I made on baking day)
Broccoli Beef
Stuffed Peppers

If we need a "don't feel like cooking" night, I found a box of Chicken Helper in the back of the pantry yesterday, and I can always make

Chicken and Stuffing (put some chicken breasts in the bottom of a pan, top with mushroom soup, top that with prepared boxed stuffing, baked at 350 degrees until chicken is cooked through).
Potstickers
BLTs (yes, again.  Who gets tired of BLTs?).

That should keep us in home-cooked food and out of the drive-through line for at least two and a half weeks, I think!

Have a great week, everybody!  And remember to visit orgjunkie.com for tons of menu planning ideas!

No comments: