Sunday, August 11, 2013

Baking Day

Ok, so I've pretty much spent the entire weekend in the kitchen.  Well, I did get out for a bike ride with my family this afternoon, and planted some flowers with my girl after dinner, but other than that it's been kitchen, kitchen, kitchen.  Probably not exactly what my hubby had in mind when he said he wanted to clean house, but at least I've run the dishwasher four times and all the knives are clean at the moment!

I started my day by mixing up a pan of whipped banana oatmeal.  I put a spoonful of peanut butter on top - DELICIOUS!!!

After breakfast, I made a batch of pizza dough to put in the freezer.  Half will be for BBQ chicken pizza later this week, half will be for the future (I'm thinking of trying it out with hot dogs to make pigs in a blanket).

While that was rising, I made some of our favorite banana bread.  Since we're just about out of cereal bars and I'm not planning a trip to Trader Joe's this week (hubby eats two every morning for breakfast), this should get us through at least a couple of days' worth of breakfast.


Then, on a whim, I cleaned out the freezer compartment of the fridge.  And found stuff from 2011 in there - yuck!  So I made several trips to the compost and gave the garbage disposal a good workout.  Then we ate lunch and went for a bike ride.

Afterward, my girl and I made blueberry muffins.  She LOVES sprinkles, so I let her put some Swedish pearl sugar on top.


Dinner needed to be easy and quick, so I made some delicious chicken taquitoes (recipe coming).


And, we're topping of the evening with some Ovaltine chocolate chip popsicles.  Yummy!


No comments: