Wednesday, November 02, 2011

This week's menu, revisited

Something happened to my menu this week.  It was shot before the week even got started - probably because I rushed through it just to get something down on paper without really thinking about it.  And then things happened to make it go even more haywire!

We were supposed to have pizza Sunday and Monday.  Then I burned the pizza.  Then we were supposed to have takeout on Monday so we could get to trick-or-treating that much faster, but since we'd just wasted $12 on the pizza we couldn't eat, I decided I should cook instead.  So I threw some chili in the crockpot in a hurry on the way to visit my parents on Monday morning.  Which was fine, except I was digging through the freezer trying to find the Soyrizo (which I still haven't found, even though I saw it on Sunday), and something blocked the freezer door from closing all the way.

So Monday afternoon my husband called to tell me that the freezer was open and thawing.  Fortunately, the only thing that was REALLY thawed was a package of ground pork.  So I needed to come up with something to do with that this week!  I guess it's true, the only thing constant in life is change, and menus are no exception, LOL!

Here's my revised menu for this week -

Monday:  crock pot chili

Tuesday:  creamed tuna on toast (oh, yeah, it was supposed to be on biscuits.  I got a great deal on canned biscuits over the weekend, so I was going to use those, but by the time I found them (still sitting in a grocery bag on my dining room floor, sigh) and realized I couldn't use them, it was too late to make biscuits from scratch, so we had toast.

Tonight:  pork and potato casserole with caraway

Tomorrow:  cheesesteak sandwiches

Friday:  tacos (avocados were on sale at Safeway and when I asked my daughter if she wanted one for lunch today, she informed me that not only did she want one for lunch, we needed to buy extras for tacos. Since we have almost everything we need for those anyway, I was happy to oblige).

Maybe next week I'll have more menu success, LOL!

No comments: