June 13 - 18
- Last night, I made Pad Thai. I overcooked the noodles somehow (never had that happen before!), but other than that, it was great!
- Tonight, we're having taco salad.
- Tomorrow, it'll be crock pot roast beef.
- Wednesday, roasted Cornish game hens.
- Thursday, should be leftover night but we'll see if we have any!
- Friday, lemon pepper chicken.
June 21 - 25
- Tonight: we had leftover fajitas.
- Tomorrow: Stuffed peppers
- Wednesday: Sausage and pepper penne (this will use our leftover peppers and onions. I just have to figure out how to make this a make-ahead - I'll let you know!)
- Thursday: salad topped with our choice of chicken or steak (using the leftover fajita meat)
- Friday: Spaghetti
June 28 - July 2
- Monday, we had leftover pizza and salad.
- Tonight, we had grilled chicken and creamed peas and potatoes. I don't usually grill on weeknights, but there wasn't any room in my fridge for a pan of chicken to be put in the oven, so we improvised. Oh, and the peas and potatoes were from our garden. AWESOME.
- Tomorrow night, we're having spaghetti.
- Thursday night, we're having baked turkey cutlets. I just need to figure out what I'm going to do to them to give them some flavor!
- Friday doesn't need to be make-ahead, since we're both taking the day off, so it'll probably be jambalaya or tuna helper. We'll see.
July 5 - 9
- Monday, we had grilled steak, corn, and chard. Since it was a holiday I was able to cook at dinner time!
- Tonight, we'll have burgers (leftover, just heat and eat) and potato salad
- Tomorrow, we'll have fried ham and baked potatoes (not make ahead, but the ham slices I bought will fry up in about five minutes once the skillet is hot)
- Thursday, we may finally eat that turkey I've had on the menu for several weeks!
- Friday, we'll have taco salad.
September 19 - 23, 2010
- Tonight, I made buttermilk chicken, with mashed potatoes and sauteed summer squash. One of my favorite meals ever, and yes, it can be made ahead (but I didn't). I'll post instructions soon!
- Tomorrow, we'll be having cranberry pork chops. How have I never posted this recipe on either blog? Must remedy that...
- Wednesday, teriyaki chicken.
- Thursday, something meatless. Hubby has promised we can start having meatless meals once a week to save money. I'm not sure what yet, I need to do some recipe hunting!
- Friday, we're babysitting our nieces and nephews, so I think we'll just be picking up a pizza or making something super quick at their house.
September 27 - October 1
- Monday, we ended up with leftovers because - get this - I FORGOT to make dinner! Craziness, I tell you!
- Tuesday, we had turkey tenderloin baked in creamy mushroom sauce.
- Wednesday, we had lemon chicken.
- Tonight, it's baked chicken taquitoes (this is my new favorite recipe!).
- Friday, it's meatless night, and I have no idea what that will be yet, but I'd better get on it!
- Sunday: Creamed tuna on biscuits
- Monday: Chorizo black bean soup
- Tuesday: Cordon bleu casserole (this recipe, served with noodles)
- Wednesday: Jambalaya with kielbasa (from a box, though I'm thinking about trying to bake it instead of stove-top, so it'll be more make-ahead. I'll let you know how it goes)
- Thursday: leftovers
- Friday: Chicken paprikash over baked potatoes
- Saturday: We'll be out of town for a birthday party that day, so we'll grab dinner on the road.
January 2 - 7
- Sunday: We had taco salad
- Today: Chicken and Dumplings
- Tuesday: Stuffed peppers
- Wednesday: Chicken Paprikash over baked potatoes
- Thursday: Baked pork chops and parmesan noodles, if I get to the meat market. Otherwise, spaghetti.
- Friday: Tuna casserole
- Sunday: Pad Thai
- Monday: Pineapple Chicken
- Tuesday: Spaghetti
- Wednesday: Potato and ham soup - or maybe scalloped potatoes and ham. We'll see what I feel like making...
- Thursday: Meatloaf
- Friday: Something involving kielbasa...I need to explore some recipes. Anyone have a suggestion?
- Sunday: chicken fried steak
- Monday: chicken and dumplings (I use the Cook's Illustrated recipe - if you happen to be a member of their website, it's the February 2005 version)
- Tuesday: tacos
- Wednesday: Buffalo chicken spaghetti (we haven't ever had this, but it sounds AMAZING!)
- Thursday: Spanish rice casserole (I'm going to make this one meatless by adding extra beans in place of the turkey)
- Friday: Jambalaya (made from the Zatarains mix)
- Sunday: We went out to Chevy's (loving their cheap guacamole Sundays!)
- Monday: Buttermilk Chicken
- Tuesday: hamburger casserole
- Wednesday: chicken enchiladas
- Thursday: spaghetti
- Friday: bean/rice casserole (the one I didn't make last week!).
- Monday: Bulgogi and sesame rice
- Tuesday: Tacos
- Wednesday: Pork chops (haven't figured out just how I'm fixing them yet)
- Thursday: Spaghetti
- Friday: Pineapple chicken
- Monday: hamburger casserole
- Tuesday: baked chicken
- Wednesday: ravioli alfredo
- Thursday: pulled pork sandwiches (going to cook the meat in the crock pot)
- Friday we have plans, so I don't have to cook!
- Monday: meatloaf and garlic mashed potatoes, green beans from our CSA box
- Tuesday: manicotti (I use this recipe from the back of the Ronzoni manicotti box and add some cooked ground beef), green salad, and cheesecake (happy 8th anniversary to us!)
- Wednesday: Baked chicken with roasted broccoli and cauliflower
- Thursday: Kielbasa and kidney beans