Saturday, October 22, 2011

past menu plans

Since I'm consolidating my blogs, I don't want to lose the menus that I posted over on the other one.  So here's a quick list.  Fortunately, I wasn't very good about keeping up with menu planning, so there aren't all that many of them!

2010
June 13 - 18

  • Last night, I made Pad Thai.  I overcooked the noodles somehow (never had that happen before!), but other than that, it was great!
  • Tonight, we're having taco salad.
  • Tomorrow, it'll be crock pot roast beef.
  • Wednesday, roasted Cornish game hens.
  • Thursday, should be leftover night but we'll see if we have any!
  • Friday, lemon pepper chicken.

June 21 - 25

June 28 - July 2
  • Monday, we had leftover pizza and salad.
  • Tonight, we had grilled chicken and creamed peas and potatoes.  I don't usually grill on weeknights, but there wasn't any room in my fridge for a pan of chicken to be put in the oven, so we improvised.  Oh, and the peas and potatoes were from our garden.  AWESOME.
  • Tomorrow night, we're having spaghetti.
  • Thursday night, we're having baked turkey cutlets.  I just need to figure out what I'm going to do to them to give them some flavor!
  • Friday doesn't need to be make-ahead, since we're both taking the day off, so it'll probably be jambalaya or tuna helper.  We'll see. 


July 5 - 9
  • Monday, we had grilled steak, corn, and chard.  Since it was a holiday I was able to cook at dinner time!
  • Tonight, we'll have burgers (leftover, just heat and eat) and potato salad
  • Tomorrow, we'll have fried ham and baked potatoes (not make ahead, but the ham slices I bought will fry up in about five minutes once the skillet is hot)
  • Thursday, we may finally eat that turkey I've had on the menu for several weeks!
  • Friday, we'll have taco salad. 

September 19 - 23, 2010
  • Tonight, I made buttermilk chicken, with mashed potatoes and sauteed summer squash.  One of my favorite meals ever, and yes, it can be made ahead (but I didn't).  I'll post instructions soon!
  • Tomorrow, we'll be having cranberry pork chops.  How have I never posted this recipe on either blog?  Must remedy that...
  • Wednesday, teriyaki chicken.
  • Thursday, something meatless.  Hubby has promised we can start having meatless meals once a week to save money.  I'm not sure what yet, I need to do some recipe hunting!
  • Friday, we're babysitting our nieces and nephews, so I think we'll just be picking up a pizza or making something super quick at their house.    

September 27 - October 1
  •  Monday, we ended up with leftovers because - get this - I FORGOT to make dinner!  Craziness, I tell you!
  • Tuesday, we had turkey tenderloin baked in creamy mushroom sauce. 
  • Wednesday, we had lemon chicken.
  • Tonight, it's baked chicken taquitoes (this is my new favorite recipe!).
  • Friday, it's meatless night, and I have no idea what that will be yet, but I'd better get on it!
     
October 10 - 16
  • Sunday:  Creamed tuna on biscuits
  • Monday:  Chorizo black bean soup 
  • Tuesday:  Cordon bleu casserole (this recipe, served with noodles) 
  • Wednesday: Jambalaya with kielbasa (from a box, though I'm thinking about trying to bake it instead of stove-top, so it'll be more make-ahead.  I'll let you know how it goes)
  • Thursday:  leftovers
  • Friday:  Chicken paprikash over baked potatoes
  • Saturday:  We'll be out of town for a birthday party that day, so we'll grab dinner on the road. 

2011
January 2 - 7
  • Sunday:  We had taco salad
  • Today:  Chicken and Dumplings
  • Tuesday:  Stuffed peppers 
  • Wednesday:  Chicken Paprikash over baked potatoes
  • Thursday:  Baked pork chops and parmesan noodles, if I get to the meat market.  Otherwise, spaghetti.
  • Friday:  Tuna casserole 
January 9 - 14
  • Sunday:  Pad Thai 
  • Monday:  Pineapple Chicken
  • Tuesday:  Spaghetti
  • Wednesday:  Potato and ham soup - or maybe scalloped potatoes and ham.  We'll see what I feel like making...
  • Thursday:  Meatloaf
  • Friday:  Something involving kielbasa...I need to explore some recipes.  Anyone have a suggestion? 
January 16 - 21
  • Sunday:  chicken fried steak
  •  Monday:  chicken and dumplings (I use the Cook's Illustrated recipe - if you happen to be a member of their website, it's the February 2005 version)
  • Tuesday:  tacos
  • Wednesday: Buffalo chicken spaghetti (we haven't ever had this, but it sounds AMAZING!)
  • Thursday: Spanish rice casserole (I'm going to make this one meatless by adding extra beans in place of the turkey)
  • Friday: Jambalaya (made from the Zatarains mix) 
January 23 - 28
  • Sunday:  We went out to Chevy's (loving their cheap guacamole Sundays!)
  • Monday:  Buttermilk Chicken 
  • Tuesday:  hamburger casserole
  • Wednesday:  chicken enchiladas 
  • Thursday:  spaghetti
  • Friday:  bean/rice casserole (the one I didn't make last week!). 
 February 7 - 11
  • Monday:  Bulgogi and sesame rice 
  • Tuesday:  Tacos
  • Wednesday:  Pork chops (haven't figured out just how I'm fixing them yet)
  • Thursday:  Spaghetti
  • Friday:  Pineapple chicken 
May 9 - 12
  • Monday:  hamburger casserole
  • Tuesday: baked chicken
  • Wednesday:  ravioli alfredo
  • Thursday:  pulled pork sandwiches (going to cook the meat in the crock pot)
  • Friday we have plans, so I don't have to cook! 
July 18 - 21
  • Monday:  meatloaf and garlic mashed potatoes, green beans from our CSA box
  • Tuesday:  manicotti (I use this recipe from the back of the Ronzoni manicotti box and add some cooked ground beef), green salad, and cheesecake (happy 8th anniversary to us!)
  • Wednesday:  Baked chicken with roasted broccoli and cauliflower
  • Thursday:  Kielbasa and kidney beans
 October 3 - 7

No comments: