Tuesday, December 02, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like...

...December? It sure doesn't feel like it.

This is shaping up to be a weird holiday season. I don't know why, maybe it's because Christmas is about the last thing on my mind right now. Maybe it's because I rushed through our holiday shopping just to get it done early, and didn't take any pleasure in picking things out for people this year. Maybe it's because I'm not making anything for my friends. Maybe it's because I'm not even decorating or baking this year. Oh sure, we could set up the decorations now, but I know when the time comes to take it down, I just won't have the energy.

At any rate, Thanksgiving didn't feel like Thanksgiving, and it sure as heck doesn't feel like the beginning of the holiday season. I think I need a little snow to put me in the mood, but if it's going to, I'd prefer that it holds off until I at least get to the hospital on the big day, and maybe not till I'm safely home!

I'm sure a week or two from now, it won't matter one little bit to me that it doesn't feel like the Christmas, but for now, well, it's just WEIRD.

No comments: