Monday, May 14, 2007

Vacation, Day One

Well, I had to take a week off. I'm dangerously close to bumping up to the top of my PTO accumulation, so I'm home for a week. Since hubby doesn't get vacation, I'm on my own once again.

I was diligent this time in my scheduling - I only have one thing planned all week - lunch on Thursday with my brothers' wives and their little ones. Other than that, I've managed to leave the whole week open. I'm going to do my best to be completely anti-social.

I thought I was going to spend today cleaning the computer room. Turns out I did that yesterday, and my respiratory system is still trying to recover from the assault by dust, so none of that for me today. I got up at the usual time to make hubby's lunch, and he surprised me by saying "why don't you make tomorrow's lunch tonight so you can sleep in tomorrow?" This is new for him - usually he figures if he has to be up, I might as well too.

I went to Winco at 6:30 this morning. I love it there early - you have to maneuver around lots of boxes as they stock, but there were probably only 10 other shoppers in the whole store, so I could take my time and really enjoy it. And enjoy it I did - to the tune of three weeks worth of grocery money! Guess I'm not going to Trader Joe's after all this week! But, I won't need to go again for a good long while, except for bananas and maybe chips for lunches. I really have to remember that buying both meat and cheese in the same grocery trip adds up to a lot of money. Usually I buy one or the other, not both at the same time.

So what does the rest of the day hold? It's only 9:30, still early. I'm doing laundry, so I'll hang the first load in a bit. Then I think I'll go sit outside with my book and a cup of tea for a while. Once it starts getting hot (supposed to be 81 today!), I'll probably come in and clean the kitchen. I'll have time to make some good meals this week - might as well start with a clean kitchen!

You might not hear from me again for a few days, so have a great week everybody!

2 comments:

MamaZuzi said...

Fun, fun, fun. Even though the BeeGee's are singing to me this morning, it is TOOO quiet. Haven't heard a peep from Laurel and it is toooo quite so I guess I'll go home (in like 10 minutes)! too bad my line isn't in the yard yet - hmmm. If you start feeling the need for a long drive into the city and some kids to play with, feel free to call us!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. I want a week off!! Enjoy it. You deserve a break~~~