Wednesday, May 16, 2007

This week's menu

We're eating well this week. I love, love, love to cook when I have time to do it right. It's probably a good thing I'm not a housewife - I'd never get out of the kitchen!

Sunday - meatloaf, stuffing, fried cabbage, and peach cobbler.

Monday - crockpot BBQ boneless ribs, potato salad, homemade rolls, and corn (carb overload, to be sure, but oh so good!)

Tuesday - grilled chicken tenderloins, potato salad, rolls, and green salad (first of the garden lettuce - yippee!). Oh, and leftover cobbler with ice cream for dessert.

Wednesday - chicken enchiladas and green beans, and I think we'll have the rest of the cobbler for dessert.

Thursday - stuffed peppers and boiled artichokes

Friday - tamale pie

Saturday - we'll be gone all day for my niece's third birthday party, so I'm sure we'll be eating out...

I cleaned out the big freezer today, so I actually know what's in there now. I need to develop a freezer inventory system. It's an upright freezer, so it's easier to keep track of stuff than with a chest freezer, but still, I found things that had been in there since 2004 (like a package of bacon completely encased in ice). I'm trying to figure out how best to do this - I'll blog more about it when I figure it out!

No comments: