Sunday, April 28, 2013

Forming Some New Habits

Today I stumbled across a new blog, Saving Myself Silly, and I've been reading back posts all afternoon.  back in January, she talked about her desire to slowly start forming some new habits.  Basically, she started out the new year by picking one or a few habits in four different categories that she wanted to focus on for the month of January, with the intent to add more in future months as the ones she's already focused on become part of the routine.

I like this approach.  I tend to be an all-or-nothing, jump in with both feet kind of girl, and then I quickly fizzle out when I realize that I've overextended myself and gotten way too ambitious for my time and energy. 

So, I've decided to give myself this challenge, too.  I've started a list of all the different things I'd like to focus on, and now I'm trying to narrow down the most important or most interesting to start on.  They're all super-small, able to be accomplished in just a few minutes, or in front of the television if it takes longer (like actually folding the laundry, instead of leaving it in the laundry baskets until it piles up so high that my four-year-old tells me to call my boss and take the day off to fold clothes). 

May Day seems as good a day as any for a fresh start, so I'll report back then and let you know what I've decided on!

No comments: