Monday, March 19, 2012

Menu Plan March 19 - 23



I had a menu plan last week, but I didn't post it.  We even mostly stuck to it.  It was easy because I'd prepped a chicken over the weekend, so we had a breast for pad Thai and shredded meat for chicken and dumplings all ready to go.

My freezer is, once again, stocked to the gills.  Yesterday I picked up two corned beef roasts at $1.88 a pound.  I discovered that, in my area, canned corned beef is now up to $5 a pound, where I used to be able to get it for $1.89 just a couple of years ago.  Hubby doesn't care for the fresh roasts, but if he wants hash he's going to have to suffer through, because I'm not paying $5 for a can!  Once I get it all mixed up in the pan, I'm guessing he's not going to notice much of a difference. 

Here's what's on the menu for this week:

Today:  Corned beef hash
Tomorrow:  Lemon Brown Sugar Chicken (this was on the menu a couple of weeks ago but I didn't get to it).
Wednesday:  No-Crabs-Allowed Cakes
Thursday:  King Ranch Chicken
Friday:  Grilled steak and baked potatoes

Have a great week!  And remember, as always, to visit orgjunkie.com for all your menu planning needs.

No comments: