Sunday, March 11, 2012

Late March Garden To-Do List

It's been a couple of weeks since I last thought about the garden.  This morning I had a few extra minutes, so I flipped through my current favorite gardening book to see what should be happening at the moment.  I made myself a little to-do list, so I could check things off as I go along.

Start seeds inside:
 - parsley
 - kohlrabi

I may also start a couple of other herbs to have a small indoor herb garden, but my house isn't conducive at all to house plants so I'm not sure I'll actually do that.

Plant outside:
 - carrots
 - onions
 - spinach (now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I have any spinach seeds.  I'll have to check on that).

Prune raspberries

Clean out the dead plants from the strawberry beds, and supplement with new ones.

Call my local nursery to see if they're going to have bay laurel plants this year (I really, really want one of these!!!).

My gardening goal for this year is to pay attention and stay on top of things.  This past week I had the pleasure of taking raspberry puree from last summer out of the freezer to make real raspberry Italian sodas.  It's little things like that that remind me that all the hard work is definitely worth it.

No comments: