Sunday, January 08, 2012

What to eat, what to eat.


Gah, here it is, Sunday again, and I need to plan a menu.  The stomach flu paid us a visit last week, and food still isn't sounding too good right now.  And can someone please explain to me how a three-year-old with the stomach flu can be bouncing off the walls, while a 37-year-old with the exact same illness can barely get off the couch???

Fortunately, though, we didn't eat much from the menu last week (hubby, who won't cook for himself, basically subsisted on leftover pizza and Burger King all week), so I can pull from that again.  I made the turkey tetrazzini on Tuesday, and that was it.  So here we go...

Monday:  Chicken casserole
Tuesday:  Pork fried rice
Wednesday:  Crockpot ham and potato soup
Thursday:  leftovers
Friday:  Cabbage roll casserole

I'm also happy to report that I'm doing REALLY well in the grocery shopping arena.  So far we've spent $121.22 at the grocery store, $8.99 at Costco, and $25.32 at Trader Joe's.  I think the rest of my Costco and Trader Joe's money for the month will probably be spent on a trip I'm planning to Bob's Red Mill with my friends next week.  I love this store with all my heart - it's a cook and baker's paradise! 

But enough about my budget.  Have you planned your menu for the week yet?  If not, why not?  Need ideas?  Click on the pic above to go to Menu Plan Monday at orgjunke.com, for a ton of great ideas!

No comments: