Sunday, January 22, 2012

Menu Plan January 23 - 27

I didn't write out a menu plan last week.  I kind of regretted it.  I had a rough plan in my head, but I didn't really follow it, both because whatever I was thinking about just didn't sound good (like the day I was planning on stir fry, and it poured down rain all.day.long and I just wanted comfort food), and the day when hubby said "can we have Pad Thai?", which wasn't even on my radar screen (but I had everything in the house for it, which is rare, so I made it.

I also had three days of just not so good cooking last week.  It's strange for me. I'll never be a chef, by any means, but I consider myself to be a pretty darn good cook, and I just couldn't get it together this week.  The Pad Thai sauce tasted weird (I think I accidentally put too much fish sauce in it).  I tried using coconut oil instead of butter in my biscuits, and they tasted weird (would have been fine in a sweet setting, but not with creamed tuna).  The kielbasa and cabbage turned out more steamed (and soggy) than fried.  Ugh.  So when hubby sent me a message on Thursday and said "let's have Taco Bell", I was happy to oblige.

But, today begins a new week, so let's put the past behind us and move on, shall we?

Here's the plan for this week:

Monday:  Teriyaki chicken with sesame rice
Tuesday: Spaghetti
Wednesday:  Chorizo black bean soup (crockpot, using canned beans this time).
Thursday:  Beef stroganoff
Friday:  Corned beef hash

Have a great week everyone!  Remember to visit Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com for amazing menu ideas!

No comments: