Saturday, December 15, 2007

Swap Received...

The next post down you'll see what I made for the holiday swap I participated in. Here's what I received!

I got a long box filled with little wrapped gifts - seven of them in all. They all looked something like this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Each gift somehow related to her "tradition tutorial", and they each had a note explaining what it was about. For instance, the photo above is package number one. The tag read: This tradition started 30 years ago. On Christmas Eve, my family would go to my Grandparent's house. A wreath was always hanging on their door. Inside the package was

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

a wreath ornament.

#2: My grandmother LOVED to bake! She always had trays set out for us. Inside the package were

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

recipes for Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle, Rosemary Roasted Cashews, and No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.

#3: My Grandmother would make us an ornament every year.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and I got an awesome handmade ornament.

#4: This was the most intriguing wrapped package of all of them.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We would all go into the kitchen and make hot chocolate.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Inside was a tower of hot chocolate mix, with all the trimmings!

#5: I would grab a candy cane on the way out the door with my mug of hot chocolate.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Candy cane stickers!

#6: Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We would all pile in the car with our drinks and turn on Christmas music. Inside was a homemade CD (haven't listened to it yet, but I'm sure it will be great!).

And, finally, #7, by far my favorite part of the tradition: We would drive around the city and look at all the Christmas lights. I wrote down the address of the house who really made me "feel like Christmas" and send them a thank you note after. We still do this every year, and now I'll get to have my fiance join us! Merry Christmas! (My swap partner got engaged last weekend!)

Inside was the cutest little handmade card.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Inside, the card reads We just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to create such a magical light display for our community to enjoy!

She even included a stamped envelope so I can start the tradition, too.

What a fun swap. I just hope she enjoys mine as much as I enjoyed hers!

1 comment:

Norma said...

Oh I've missed reading your posts since yes..my computer is still down. I missed good posts too!!
Great goodies you received and great goodies sent. I sense you're going to do more swaps. :) Everything turned out really great. Next year I'm in line first for those punch ornaments. Sooo cute.
You're funny woman:
'Glue challenged' ha, ha
'Wanna make something of it?'-Strawberry Short Cake video. he, he