Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas week to-do list

My brain is refusing to accept the fact that Christmas is now less than a week away.  There is so much still to do!  Thought I'd better get it all written down in one place, someplace that can't be recycled by my husband (as so many of my lists are) or erased by my daughter (who thinks the white boards are her personal art studios).  So here we go!

Food:
 - Bake cookies for the neighbors (we made the dough yesterday)
 - Decide on appetizers for Christmas Eve (I need to take two)
 - Grocery shop
 - Make meatballs
 - Make spaetzle
 - Make appetizers, whatever they are


Gifts:
 - Finish ornaments for all the kids (I'm making 10 of them for all the nieces and nephews and my daughter - fortunately they're all identical, and fairly easy. I'm about half done now)
 - Make the gifts for my work friends
 - Make the gifts for my parents and inlaws from my daughter (I'll blog about these later - I'm hoping they're going to be amazingly cute)
 - Inventory what's come in and what's still in transit (I ordered almost everything from Amazon)
  - Buy the last gift from my mom for my daughter
 - Wrap, wrap, wrap!
- If there's time, finish up a felt tic-tac-toe set for my daughter.  This is just a little extra I thought would be fun, but if I don't get it done, she can get it any time. 
- Have my daughter decorate gift tags for the gifts (I bought tree-print scrapbooking paper, and I'm going to cut it into tree shapes and let her glue on sequins.

 - Address and label Christmas cards

I think that's about it.  Just a couple of things, right?  My daughter just turned three, and I think this is going to be our most magical Christmas yet.  She's so excited about Santa Claus that she's been known to get up in the middle of the night and ask what time he's coming on Christmas Eve.  I can't wait to watch the magic unfold!

No comments: