Monday, January 14, 2008

Another week down...

Well, we survived another week on the "limited eating out" plan. We didn't do as well as we'd hoped, but better than we used to! We did eat some good stuff this week:

- Sunday, we had white bean soup with linguica sausage.
- Monday, we had tacos.
- Tuesday, we had glazed pork chops (by the way Heather, these were good, but I wanted more glaze. Think I'll play around with it a bit in the future and I'll let you know what I come up with, if you want!) and orzo and rice pilaf.
- Wednesday, spaghetti with meat sauce.
- Thursday, potstickers and steamed broccoli.
- Friday, I convinced hubby that we'd been really really good and should splurge a little. So we went out for burgers and shakes, which cost almost $28 after tip and neither one of us finished our meal. Absolutely ridiculous! I could probably make the same meal at home for $7 (ok, maybe I wouldn't get onion rings on my burger like I did on Friday but really, I probably wouldn't miss them!).
- Saturday we were planning to have BBQ chicken pizza, but we ended up buying a take and bake pizza and taking it over to my mom and dad's because dad was out of town for the weekend and I didn't want mom to be by herself, the situation being what it was. $16 well spent, if you ask me.

So, last night we had the BBQ chicken pizza. Tonight we'll have roast pork tenderloin and mashed potatoes. Last time they were on sale, I bought a pre-marinated pork tenderloin. Never had one before, I hope it's good!

On the cleaning front, week one is done and we almost finished our two rooms. We have to put the finishing touches (i.e. clean the floor) on the kitchen tonight. Saturday was a day lost so we did the whole thing yesterday, and it took most of the day. I had the kitchen, Hubby had the dining room (which isn't really a room, more like an extension of the kitchen, but you know what I mean). Since it was the first time in a while, we shared bits of both rooms - I helped him sort out the stuff on the table, he helped me clean out the fridge. It worked out nicely.

Four weeks from now, when we get back around to these rooms, it will go much more smoothly. This week, we're on to the living room, hallway, and hall bath. They're both in fairly decent shape, so it shouldn't take TOO long... I have realized that I need to get in the habit of doing a little bit each day, though, so I don't have to do it all in one day on the weekend. That's no fun at all!

No comments: