Friday, March 10, 2006

13 pounds

13 pounds. That's how much I've lost since December 27. And, to steal a line from a certain fast food restaurant (how ironic is that?), I'm loving it! Granted, I still have a ways to go - I need to lose 70 total, but I'm taking every pound I can get!

I've done this before. In the late 1990s I lost 43 pounds with Weight Watchers, which is a fabulous program. This time, I'm doing it with the assistance of a wonderful free weight loss website, www.sparkpeople.com. I also have wonderful support from a fabulous private weight loss forum I've joined. Awesome people, all walking the same path.

My clothes fit better. My jeans are looser. One of these days I'll drop a size. This is the first time I've incorporated regular exercise into my plan, and I feel great!

There's no magic pill. Just counting calories (which the website makes SOOOOO easy!), exercising, and holding myself accountable, with the help of a lot of people, including my forum buddy, Lynn, who I'm convinced will someday come through the computer and kick my ass for eating chocolate instead of hopping on my Nordictrak. :-)

I'm almost a quarter of the way there. It's a long road, but I know I'll get there! Unless, of course, I get pregnant first, which is what I'm really hoping for. Then I'll just start over when the time comes!

2 comments:

MamaZuzi said...

Aren't you glad you've let me into your blog? Comment, comment, comment. Right about now I'd give anything to be able to say I'd lost 13 pounds. I've never had to count a calorie in my life -- until now and all those lucky years are past and the evil gotta diet weight loss kharmic twist (excuse me I'm tired and on narcotic cough medicine again) has bit me in the proverbial butt (except in this case its the mid-section)! I hope you'll get pregnant and blow your weight loss plan right out of this universe - to heck with that. One caveat though... you need to have a girl. I have a major hankering to knit some cute girlie baby things and so far my family's not cutting it on the baby girl front. Otherwise, be darn proud. I'm proud of ya... and jealous. I started the Sonoma Diet and hadn't lost one pound that I can figure and then got sick and decided to heck with that... now I'm wallowing in chicken noodle soup, medicine, cough drops, white wine and whatever I can do to get a few hours of sleep. Well... I've got to go to bed. Keep it up. See you next week.

Anonymous said...

Too cool! That is 13 boxes of butter quarters you just lost! Excellent! As for pregnancy, you can still lose while doing that, and have everyone be healthy. With my 3rd baby, I lost weight- can't remember exactly how much, but it was a good amount. Growing babies take up a lot of your calories. It will happen for you! Your weight loss may help with the getting pg part, as well. It works that way for many women, including me.
:)
Robin