Monday, January 29, 2018

Menu Plan January 28 - February 3

How have we reached the end of January already???  Where did the month go?  The pantry challenge I've been participating in ends at the end of the month but I'm carrying on... We have three freezers.  One is in good shape, but the other two are still a giant mess.  I know the fridge freezer in my kitchen just needs to be cleaned out and most of it thrown out because it's too old, but the deep freeze still has serious piles of meat to be eaten.  So, we keep plugging away...and I keep looking for fresh ways to use ground pork (though apparently my family is perfectly happy with pork and cabbage stir fry and I don't REALLY need to keep looking!). 

Here's what's on the dinner menu this week...

Sunday:  Hubby wasn't hungry (late breakfast and lunch), so I made french toast and bacon for my daughter and myself. 
Monday:  Crescent roll hot dogs and chips.
Tuesday:  Sausage and farro
Wednesday:  Jambalaya
Thursday:  Chicken and orzo soup
Friday:  Picking up Carl's Jr. 
Saturday:  I'm hoping to try ribs in the Instant Pot, but we'll see how the day goes.

My daughter's schedule is about to become overly full.  This week, she has something four out of five evenings.  She's either overscheduled or underscheduled - there is no in between!  So I'm focusing on quick dinners for the most part (except Thursdays, when I work from home and have a little more flexibility).  

I've decided to designate Friday as our take-out day, at least for the time being.  My daughter and I take a family Zumba-type class from time to time, and the new session starts this week.  It's on Fridays at 6:00 p.m., which makes it tricky to actually cook dinner.  Plus, we are huge fans of fast food in this house, and if I designate a day, it makes it far less likely that we'll just run out and get it whenever.  So...Fridays (for now) it is. 

Have a wonderful week, everyone!

No comments: