Monday, April 16, 2012

Greek Chicken Pasta

Over the weekend, I suddenly got a bee in my bonnet to look up some Greek recipes.  I have no idea why - I like Greek food but it's never really occurred to me to cook it.  Anyway, I did a little googling and came across this recipe.  Is it really Greek? I have no idea.  It sounded good, though, so I made it for dinner tonight - with a few tweaks.

Next time I might try it with tuna - I think it would go really well.



Greek Chicken Pasta

1/2 pound uncooked pasta (I used cavatappi, just because I think it's cute)
2T olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove elephant garlic or four cloves regular garlic, chopped
6 chicken tenderloins, diced
1 14-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
2 t. sherry vinegar
2 t. Italian seasoning
Juice of 1 large lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente.

While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add onions, garlic, and chicken.  Saute until the chicken is cooked through.  Add remaining ingredients and cook until heated through.

When the pasta is cooked, drain and stir into the chicken mixture.  Serve with lemon wedges and extra feta sprinkled on top, if desired.

2 comments:

Life Unordinary said...

what is a good substitute for the artichoke hearts? I will try the recipe. For sure.

kbeeps said...

Hmm. I don't know what would substitute flavor-wise, but mushrooms or red bell peppers would definitely be tasty in this. Thanks for checking out my blog!