Sunday, May 03, 2009

This week's menu

Well, well, well. I think it's high time I got back to blogging again! Things have been, well, a little hectic lately, and all my blogging time has been spent on Caitlyn's blog, instead of mine. After all, I did cease to exist on December 9, and someone named "Caitlyn's Mommy" took my place in the world, LOL!

I've been back at work two months now. Hubby works from 5:00 to 1:30, and I work 2:00 to 6:00, which means that I'm making dinner about 10:00 every morning so we can eat it about 7:00 every night. The good news is that we're far too frazzled to eat out, so we're saving a ton on food! Now, if I can just curb my compulsive grocery shopping habit...

Anyway, each week I make up a weeknight dinner menu. Sometimes I stick to the days, sometimes things get rearranged a bit but most weeks, we stick to it. Here's this week's:

Monday: Leftover pizza (we had Papa Murphy's tonight)
Tuesday: Tacos (happy Cinco de Mayo!)
Wednesday: Shepherd's Pie (utilizing the leftover roast beef from last week)
Thursday: Chicken Ziti
Friday: Pizza-stuffed meatloaf

Hubby's not going to be very happy - I'm trying out two new recipes this week - the chicken ziti and the meatloaf. He's a little gunshy about new recipes ever since the creamed salmon fiasco of 2002, which I will never live down...

No comments: