Sunday, May 01, 2005

It's 11:30...do you know where your doggies are?

I'm in the computer room, trying to put the finishing touches on the thesis while being mightily distracted by the forums I love to read so much. I suddenly realize the dogs are being WAAAAAAAAAY too quiet...

Well, now they've come slamming through the dog door and are drooling in my lap, so I guess they're ok! But really, it scares me when my dogs get quiet. Because, well, here's just a few of the wonderful things they've done when we couldn't hear them...

  • eaten about three dozen pairs of socks
  • chewed up the arm of a chair
  • eaten the bark off the apple tree
  • dug a big hole under the house
  • chewed on the bottom rung of the CD rack
  • distributed little pieces of junk mail all over the backyard

So, I just noticed that most of these are "chewing offenses" - does that mean that in a year or two, we won't have to worry so much when we can't hear them? Sheesh...I sure hope so!

No comments: