Well, now they've come slamming through the dog door and are drooling in my lap, so I guess they're ok! But really, it scares me when my dogs get quiet. Because, well, here's just a few of the wonderful things they've done when we couldn't hear them...
- eaten about three dozen pairs of socks
- chewed up the arm of a chair
- eaten the bark off the apple tree
- dug a big hole under the house
- chewed on the bottom rung of the CD rack
- distributed little pieces of junk mail all over the backyard
So, I just noticed that most of these are "chewing offenses" - does that mean that in a year or two, we won't have to worry so much when we can't hear them? Sheesh...I sure hope so!