Saturday, March 23, 2019

Big Mac Salad

I've been intrigued by the idea of a Big Mac salad for a long time.  I mean really, a salad that tastes like one of my favorite guilty pleasures?  Yes, that's right, I'm a HUGE fan of the Big Mac.  I wanted a recipe that was easy to fix but didn't require pre-made salad dressing or a bunch of "diet" ingredients.  So I combined three recipes and came out with a keeper!

Big Mac Salad
serves 3 at my house!

1 pound ground beef
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 medium onion, minced
fresh ground black pepper to taste
2 T. yellow mustard
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. ketchup
1/4 c. sweet relish
chopped lettuce
chopped tomatoes
chopped pickles
shredded cheddar cheese

In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef.  Drain off the fat, then add dry seasonings and onion.  Cook for 3 - 4 minutes, or until onion is soft.  Add mustard, stirring to combine, and set aside.

In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, ketchup, and sweet relish. 

Build salads to individual tastes and top with dressing. 

No comments: