Thursday, January 01, 2015

Helloooooooooo 2015!

And helloooooooooo sadly neglected blog!

All day today I've been thinking about resolutions.  What have I done in the past?  How quickly did I crash and burn?  What's the point?  Am I just setting myself up for failure by setting some lofty goal that I can't follow through with?

Truth is, I am a creature of habit who lives squarely in my comfort zone.  Resolutions tend to mess with that. 

So here I sit, thinking of all the resolutions I could possibly make.  Things like...

Lose 30 pounds
Save money
Clean the kitchen every night
Keep the house clean
Make a weekly menu plan and stick with it
Eat all the leftovers
Step away from the electronics on occasion
Read a book a week
Blog every week or more
Make more time for my friends
Have more patience.  With everyone.

Truth is, I'm tired.  2014 was an exhausting year.  New routines at home.  Stuff happened at work.  Stuff happened with friends.  The fact of the matter is that I've been doing life pretty half-assed lately because I'm so tired I just want to crawl in a hole.  So in truth, I need to do less, not more.  Figure out whats most important and do that.  Let the rest take care of itself.

So there you have it.  My resolution for 2015, or total lack thereof.


No comments: