Sunday, January 18, 2009

getting back into the swing of things...

Ok, ok, so I fell off the face of the earth for a while. I think it's to be expected. But, I'm slowly getting my bearings and getting back into the swing of things (now, if I could just get my kid to sleep on a normal schedule, we'd be good).

Over the past couple of weeks, I've started to settle into my new role as housewife (yes, I'm still going back to work in, gulp, six short weeks, but only half time so I'll be doing more, er, something around the house). Well, if you know me, you know that food is about the closest thing I have to a passion in life (well, besides Caitlyn), so I decided to get back into my routine by tackling some menu planning. Most days, I now have time to cook a real meal for dinner, which is great. There's nothing I detest more than coming home from work and being too tired to cook.

But now, I can make dinner an all-day affair - chop stuff after one feeding, saute stuff after another, and on it goes. Ok, it's not really THAT bad, but I do have more time to spend on these things!

Last week, we had:

manicotti (two meals - if I'm going to all the trouble to make it, I make a ton!)
salsa verde casserole
stuffed peppers

and, we ate out a few times (have to get it out of our system before I take an income cut, LOL!).

Here's what's on tap for this week (not necessarily in this order):

hamburgers and oven fries
scalloped potatoes and ham
chili and cornbread
creamed tuna on biscuits
teriyaki chicken
baked ziti
tamale pie

Of course, chances are we'll eat out at least once, so we won't eat ALL of these things this week, but we have it if we want it.

So now, I have the meal planning back on track, and I've managed to conquer the laundry (including the cloth diapers, which are, in fact, as easy as disposables - no pins!), and now I just have to work some housework into the mix. Ugh... :-)

No comments: