Sunday, April 12, 2020

Quarantine Menu Planning, Part 2

No, we haven't eaten everything on the original list. But we finally ate the freezers down to the point where I could clean out and rearrange and really get a handle on what we have.  So I counted everything and made a complete list, crossing off each piece of meat as we would use it in a recipe.  Here's the plan moving forward.  Not in the order we'll eat it!  Just what we will do with what we have.  And if I run across a recipe that looks good, I can change it, but I'll have to switch it instead of something here.  I've also held back two logs of breakfast sausage and the last couple packages of bacon for breakfasts.  I shouldn't have to buy meat until the end of May.  We'll still need fresh produce and at some point we'll run out of eggs, I imagine!


  1. Potstickers and Eggrolls (purchased frozen)
  2. Turkey Tenderloin and mashed potatoes
  3. Steak and Pepper Sandwiches
  4. Street Tacos
  5. Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
  6. Corned beef hash
  7. Creamed Tuna on Biscuits
  8. Tuna casserole
  9. "Stuff" (it's a potato and sausage casserole)
  10. Sausages and Crispy Crowns
  11. Homemade chicken noodle soup
  12. Pan-fried steak and potatoes
  13. Hot dogs or chili dogs and oven fries
  14. Baked ziti
  15. Chicken and black bean burritos
  16. Mayo chicken and buttered noodles
  17. Cashew chicken
  18. Naan pizza
  19. Chicken and stovetop
  20. Kale, sausage, and white bean soup
  21. Dirty rice with andouille sausage
  22. Orange chicken (purchased frozen)
  23. Ginger pork and cucumber salad
  24. Spare ribs
  25. Irish sundaes
  26. Tri-tip and potatoes
  27. Sheet pan dinner with flank steak
  28. Pork fried rice
    29.   Scalloped potatoes and ham
    31.   Queso fundido
    32.   Pork chili
    33.   Sheet pan chicken
    35.   Chicken and dumplings
    36.   Beef and mushroom gravy over rice
    37.   Black bean tostadas
    38.   Chicken taquitos
    39.   Minced chicken cutlets
    40.   Chicken spaghetti
    41.   Ham and potato soup
    46.   Greek pasta salad and chicken

    How are you faring?  Are you able to find the groceries you need?  I still can't find buttermilk - it's been four weeks!  Luckily in my freezer cleanout I found some starter packets I'd completely forgotten about - I think I got them as a freebie with an ebook bundle a while back.  I have to make yogurt for smoothies so I'll make some buttermilk at the same time as well.  I'm going to try it with the Nido powdered milk - hopefully it goes well!

    Be well and have a great week!


No comments: