Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Menu Plan January 24 - 28

We did well at sticking to the menu plan last week!  I don't think Sunday's calzones were as big a hit as I wanted them to be, but everyone ate them and I had leftovers for lunch for three days.

On BBQ sandwich day, my daughter informed me (in 8-year-old dramatic fashion) that she HATES BBQ sandwiches.  I had been looking at this recipe, and I had almost everything on hand already for it (we used sesame seeds instead of poppy and slivered almonds instead of sliced), so I made that up and set some plain chicken aside for her.  So the hubs and I had BBQ sandwiches with no chicken on the salad, and she put her chicken on her salad.

Fajita night I discovered that I had no fajita seasoning.  Then I found this recipe and used her seasoning recipe - delicious!  I think I'll be using this one from now on!

Over the weekend we went out of town for our annual "siblings and spouses weekend getaway".  For about four years now, my brothers and I and our spouses have sent the kids to various grandparents' houses and gone away together for a weekend.  We rent a house, explore whatever town we're in, and eat way too much.  That's why I didn't plan my Friday/Saturday menu.  And it took me a while to get this week's menu together (in fact I'm still not sure it will actually end up this way!).

Sunday:  We stopped at the store on the way home and picked up chicken strips, macaroni and potato salads, and coleslaw.  This is one of my husband's favorite "pick something up" meals.

Monday:  Chicken pot pies (of the frozen variety)

Tuesday:  Fish sticks and oven fries (I told you those fish sticks would make an appearance!).

Wednesday:  Jambalaya (I use Zatarains)

Thursday:  Broccoli Beef

Friday:  Pork Chops and rice pilaf

Saturday:  Garlic noodles with chicken

Have a great week everyone!  Have you visited Menu Plan Monday?  So much good stuff there!

No comments: