Sunday, September 20, 2015

Menu September 20 - 26

Hope everyone had a great week!  We took a serious look at our finances this week and decided, first and foremost, that all the eating out has to stop!  We're done for the month and will stick to one meal a week moving forward.  That's all that has ever been in the budget, anyway.  That means that all this menu planning is more critical than ever.

We had a good eating week.  I finally got around to making the Italian Shred recipe that has been appearing on my menu for over a year, but never made it into the cooking pot.  I finally made it yesterday, with a few modifications, of course (I can't help it - I'm a compulsive recipe modifier).  My revised version is posted here.

I also posted another smoothie recipe from Caitlyn.  It's super sweet and super delicious!  I told her this week that if she came up with a few more recipes (I know they're floating around in her head) we could put together a little cookbook and sell it on Amazon.  She's really excited about that idea!

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Chicken and broccoli impossible pie
Taco salad
Chicken Gyro Sandwiches
Baked Ziti
Pad Thai
Pork and Cabbage Stir Fry
Hamburger Casserole (hubby's family recipe)

I hope everyone has a great week!  I'm going to link this up to Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com - tons of great ideas there!

No comments: